Influenza virus is the leading cause of seasonal diseases worldwide, when the human body suffers from a lack of vitamins and other beneficial substances. Immunity decreases at this time. Another reason for the spread of the influenza virus is a small amount of drug treatment. Specialists from Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B conducted a study of herbal supplements for the viral infections. The experts analyzed a widely known natural remedy from China called Yi-Zhi-Hao (CYZH).
This natural remedy consists of following dried raw materials: Yi zhi hao (Artemisia rupestris L., Artemisiae Rupestridis Herba); Ban lan gen (Isatis tinctoria, Isatidis radix); and Da qing ye (Isatidis folium). Scientists have discovered that CYZH protects the cells of organism from oxidative effects. In addition, the herbal medicine has inhibitors of harmful proteins and anti-flu properties.
It is worth noting the importance of discovering alternative medicines from traditional Chinese medicine, Ayurveda or Western herbalism. Today, large pharmaceutical companies and profit-oriented drug markets dominate the world. Experts tout affordable flu treatments as convenient. However, they are limited by the fact that influenza viruses become insensitive to such drugs.
Experienced herbalists secrete several herbal remedies that are well-suited against influenza and other viral diseases of this type.
- Rosemary. The herb has antibacterial and antiviral benefits. Herbalists use it for treating colds.
- Cinnamon. This is an aromatic plant has antifungal and analgesic features. Herbalists use cinnamon for treatment of bronchitis, dilation of blood vessels, lowering sugar levels in blood and increasing insulin sensitivity.
- Garlic. The plant has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. Eating garlic also helps stimulate a person’s immune system.
- Wild rose. This herb has a high vitamin C content. Taking decoction of plant helps treat symptoms of the common cold, flu, and other illnesses as well.
- Ginger. The root of this plant is an antispasmodic and is good for treating cough. Eating chopped ginger brew helps relieve respiratory symptoms.
Traditional Chinese medicine has long been treating many types of diseases, including viral infections. Only recently, the world began to determine scientifically the success factors of herbal medicines. The specialists discover that natural herbal remedies can make a great contribution against different viruses.